POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Almost broken laptop ... ideas? : Re: Almost broken laptop ... ideas? Server Time
11 Oct 2024 11:11:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Almost broken laptop ... ideas?
From: scott
Date: 11 Sep 2007 03:29:41
Message: <46e643e5$1@news.povray.org>
>>> Any other ideas while I have it open tonight?  Does the 95% behaviour
>> sound like what happens if you try to boot with no CPU?
>
> I have a Fujitsu-Siemens laptop at work and I can tell you the the
> motherboards die regulary. I had a similar behaviour. In the end it didn't
> boot.

Hmmm, well I reseated the CPU last night and was all excited when it booted
first time and appeared to work.  But then after about 10 minutes I clicked
on something and it died instantly.  Haven't been able to boot it since.
Sounds like it could be a motherboard problem them.  But the fact that it
dies because of some mechanical shock indicates to me it is some lose
connection, and can be fixed...